La Vie Dansante Wines

News

March
Ready…Steady…Go!

Vacation (Ha!) is over and it’s time to get busy.  March begins a three month schedule of Wine Walks and Strolls.  We’ll be pouring in Willow Glen, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, and possibly Campbell.  Check out the event listings on the right side of this page for more information.

In addition to the walks and strolls there are a couple of other events this month.  Hop N Vine on March 11th at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds promises wineries, breweries, food, and entertainment.  This is a first time event so we don’t know what to expect but we’re anticipating a fun time.  Then there’s the Wineries of Santa Clara Valley Spring Passport the following weekend on March 17th, 18th, and 19th.  We’ll again be having food available for purchase provided by GVA Cafe in Morgan Hill – I’ve heard they’re planning Skirt Steak Nachos – and music by Jeff Smith.

Of course there’s some winemaking going on in our free time.  Our 2014 Prelude – a Grenache noir, Syrah, and Mourvèdré blend – will be released on March 4th.  We’ve sold out of our Rosé of Grenache but are working hard on it’s successor.  We’re anticipating several days of bottling near the end of the month to get the remainder of our wine calendar ready for release.

February
We got a puppy. We Got a Puppy! We Got a PUPPY!!

Her name is “Noe” which is short for Noelani, a Hawaiian word meaning “heavenly mist”. Since January was one long wet slog I thought the name is pretty appropriate. Noe is about 14 weeks old (born around the first of November) and a mix of Border Collie and Aussie Shepard. She’s a sweetie so stop in and say “Hi”, I know she’d love to meet you.

In more wine related things… We’ve sold out of the Audition – but don’t panic, we’ve released it’s follow-on, “Overture”. “By definition an Overture is a orchestral piece at the beginning of a performance that leads to something more substantial”. Our lead-off piece is a blend of 45% Roussanne, 35% Grenache blanc, and 20% Picpoul blanc. We’ve also put together the list of “Coming Attractions” which have us releasing a new wine each month through October. Next up will be our “GSM”, Prelude, a blend of 55% Grenache noir, 25% Syrah, and 20% Mourvedré being released in March.

We’re busy in the winery blending the new Rosé’s. First up is a light, fresh, fruity Rosé based on Mourvedré that will be ready for the summer, then we’ll have a darker, structured Rosé based on Grenace noir for the late-summer or early fall.

(more…)

Upcoming Events

Tasting Room:
Stop by and try the La Vie Dansante wines every Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5pm.
We pour at “Blended, a Winemaker’s Studio” located on Dryden Ave east of Hwy 101 just north of Gilroy.

If you work the weekends give us a call at (408) 852-0779 or email info@laviedansantewines.com for a weekday appointment.

March:
3/04 – 2014 Prelude Release

3/11 – Hop ‘N Vine; Santa Clara County Fairgrounds from 2pm to 8pm.
Over 15 Santa Clara County wineries (and 8 breweries!) will be on-hand to share their wares.  La Vie Dansante Wines will be there representin’

3/17 – Wineries of Santa Clara County Friday Night Passport Event – 6pm to 8pm at the Morgan Hill Community Center

3/18 & 19 – Wineries of Santa Clara County Spring Passport – noon to 5pm Saturday and Sunday at Blended, a Winemaker’s Studio

April:
4/08 – 2014 Grenache noir Release (anticipated, we’ll see if the wine is ready!)

4/27 – Morgan Hill Wine Week Winemaker’s Dinner – Time TBD at Bubbles Wine Bar in Morgan Hill.

4/29 – Morgan Hill Wine Stroll – 1pm to 5pm at GVA Cafe in Morgan Hill.

May:
5/06 – 2016 Mourvèdré Rosé Release (planned but could move due to bottling schedule)

5/20 – Gilroy Wine Walk – Time and Location TBD