Tender scallops crusted with a crispy mixture of panko and chopped hazelnuts in a cream sauce based on the 2015 Overture White Cuvee. A flavor combination sure to make you close your eyes and sigh.
- 5 tablespoon butter, divided into 4 and 1.
- 1/2 cup of La Vie Dansante’s 2015 White Blend
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 pound sea or bay scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 375°.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Stir in wine, whipping cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl in the microwave, and stir in panko and nuts. Sprinkle mixture over scallops to form crust.
Place skillet into oven and bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Serve with roasted vegetables and buttered pasta.
This recipe was adapted from Coastal Living magazine.